Reporting to the Area Superintendent, and the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, Academic Programs and Instruction, the Instructional Coach’s primary purpose is to work in collaboration with school staff to advance student achievement through the implementation of Mathematics curricula and support programs.
Qualifications: • Bachelor of Education Degree
• Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate (or eligibility for)
• Minimum of five years relevant classroom experience with a preference to a broad range of early and middle years’ experience, with a focus on mathematics instruction
• Demonstrated knowledge of Provincial Mathematics curricular outcomes, instructional strategies, resources and assessment
• Proven Mathematics implementation skills
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in facilitation and organization of professional learning opportunities
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with administrators, teachers and other consultants to promote school planning and student achievement
• Understanding Indigenous Way of Life
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and ability to travel
Duties and Responsibilities: • Provide guidance and support to teachers to enhance school/classroom implementation of provincial Mathematics curriculum and programming to meet the student needs including divisional and provincial policy and regulations
• Participate in the development and implementation of the Division’s strategic plan and school plans in Mathematics
• Perform in a collaborative capacity with administrators, teachers and other school personnel to provide leadership and guidance in the development and implementation of instructional strategies and resources to support Mathematics programming
• Develop and lead professional learning initiatives in the area of Mathematics
• Assist teachers with individual and/or classroom lesson planning
• Promote student achievement by encouraging professional dialogue
• Integrate Indigenous perspectives into curriculum and programming
• Other related responsibilities as assigned.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job