POSITION: EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT IN FRENCH AS A
SECOND LANGUAGE AND SOCIAL STUDIES AT THE SECONDARY LEVEL
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: CONSP-FR/SCH1807-01
STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME
STARTING DATE: AUGUST 2018
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Second Language Curriculum Development, this position entails the responsibility of providing advice and support to schools in the implementation, development and evaluation of programs of study, class management and instructional materials.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
• Support and ensure high quality and culturally relevant education in Nunavik communities specifically with secondary teachers in French as a second language and in Social Studies;
• Participate in the development of the programs and pedagogical material that are aligned to Inuit culture, language and values;
• Develop learning and evaluation situations as well as support material for the two cycles of Secondary level;
• Support the KSB competency-based program promote it with the school administrators, teachers and other staff members concerned;
• Lead training sessions / workshops with teachers in person or with technological support (virtual class, videoconference and others);
• Collaborate with team members across departments and cultures on the development of materials;
• Follow up on inventories of material for FSL and Social Studies in the secondary French sector;
• Support specific projects in these teaching fields using creative thinking and problem solving skills;
• Carry out related tasks at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
First level University Degree in a relevant specialization.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
• Legal qualification to teach in the province of Québec;
• Experience as a teacher;
• Extensive knowledge of French is essential;
• Computer literacy;
• Knowledge of Inuktitut and/or English is an asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals / From $42 391 to $80 368 annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
• 20 days of annual vacation
• 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
• Summer schedule
• Northern allowance
• Social trips
• Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job