POSITION: SOCIAL SERVICE OFFICER – NUNAVIK SIVUNITSAVUT
DEPARTMENT: ADULT AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
COMPETITION NUMBER: SOCSERV-AES1807-01
STATUS: SUPERNUMERARY POSITION
DURATION: CONTRACT FROM AUGUST 2018 TO JUNE 2019 (WITH A POSSIBILITY OF RENEWAL)
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Adult and Vocational Education department the social service officer works closely with the Residence and Training center teams as well as the students in order to implement favorable conditions to the student’s psychosocial development.
• Evaluate students who have social, personal and school problems.
• Organize individual helping relation meetings with target customers.
• Organize behavior management workshops.
• Take action to help defuse crisis or emergency situations.
• Take part in team meetings to insure the helping relation follow ups.
• Support teachers and other interveners in order to meet the student’s needs.
• Take part in the development and animation of awareness and prevention programs.
• Work with partner organizations’ representatives.
• Advise management personnel.
• Write evaluation, balance sheet and situation evolution reports.
• All other related tasks.
First level University Degree in a relevant specialization.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
• Fluency in 2 of the 3 languages of the Board (Inuktitut, English and French)
• Experience in quarter way houses, youth centers, youth detention centers or disintoxication centers will be considered an asset.
• Any northern or intercultural experience will be considered an asset.
• Broken schedule between night and day to insure the presence at the students’ residence and the vocational center.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals: From $44,765 to $80,572 annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
• 20 days of annual vacation
• 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
• Summer schedule
• Northern allowance
• Social trips
• Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job