Food Services Supervisor
Classification: Administrative Assistant 3
Full-Time Regular “Seasonal” Position
August to June (annually thereafter)
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: Working under the direction of the UCN Thompson Campus Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the food services franchise, be accountable for and delivery of all requirements outlined under the franchise agreement, hiring of staff, budgeting, ordering and scheduling; this individual will also work as part of the Thompson administrative team and be required to assist with backup duties as required.
Qualifications: - Extensive experience working in the food services industry
- Experience scheduling and supervision
- Extensive experience working with budgets and financial reports
- Experience handling cash and balancing daily receipts
- Customer service experience
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Personal experience and/or knowledge of Aboriginal cultures
Assets: - The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Knowledge of the Public Health Act or be willing to learn
- Knowledge of the Sanitation Code prepared by the Canadian Restaurant Association or be willing to be
- Experience with Point of Sale Systems (POS) or cash registers
Conditions of Employment: - Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Individual must be able to work flexible hours, including possibly weekends and evenings
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume how they meet the qualifications.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts with their
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 18-074
Closing Date: July 23, 2018
Salary: $22.44 to $25.56 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job