Invites Applications For The Following Position(s):
Teacher of the Blind
1.0 Permanent Position– available September 2018
(Contract rated under the Provincial Schools Authority)
A rewarding opportunity awaits you with the Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch. The W. Ross Macdonald School is dedicated to providing quality education to blind, deafblind, and visually impaired students in the province. Currently we are looking for an innovative educator to fill the following position which is available September 2018.
o Competition # PDSB18-070 – Teacher of the Blind (Secondary Program) – 1.0 permanent position available September 2018
o Intermediate/Senior division
YOU WILL: • Provide individual/group programs of instruction for students who are blind and/or low-vision;
• Develop Individual Education Plans including curriculum expectations and assessment;
• Provide regular communication to parents regarding school and classroom activities;
• Participate in professional development activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Valid Certificate of Registration and Qualifications from the Ontario College of Teachers;
• Teaching Students who are Blind, Specialist qualification, or willingness to obtain (minimum Teaching Students who are Blind, Part 1);
• Appropriate subject(s) and division qualifications for the position.
ABILITIES: • Ability and proven experience teaching students who are blind and/or low-vision in academic programs and/or alternative programs for students identified with multiple exceptionalities;
• Knowledge of and ability to apply curriculum adaptations, methods, and learning materials to support students who are blind and/or low-vision;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers, parents and other stakeholders, including excellent interpersonal/communication skills and proficient braille skills;
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and work with students who are autistic and/or multi-exceptional.
A braille proficiency test will be administered during the interview process for Teacher of the Blind
LOCATION: Brantford, Ontario
AREA OF SEARCH: Open
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job