Frontier Collegiate Institute (F.C.I.) is a unique, well-equipped high school with dormitories, located in Cranberry Portage, Manitoba. There are approximately 265 students, 20 teachers and 18 support staff. F.C.I. offers a full range of Grade 9 to Grade 12 course offerings. Cranberry Portage is a scenic “cottage country” community of approximately 1,000 people located 50 km south of Flin Flon. Community services include a gas station, health centre with ambulance service, community recreation centre and arena and regular air service (Flin Flon & The Pas).
Subjects to be taught include blueprint reading, hand tool and machine woodworking, framing, concrete forming, roofing, interior and exterior finishing, cabinet making and stair building.
• Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate (or eligibility for)
• Journeyperson Carpenter status (Red Seal)
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License
• A sound knowledge of provincial carpentry curriculum and the Manitoba Building Code
• Experience teaching Carpentry/Building Construction
• Strong classroom management skills
• Experience working in a northern community
• A team player committed to the belief that all students can learn
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job