The Executive Director will provide progressive leadership to a team of professionals in the creation and delivery of the Ministries strategies, planning, polices and operations to enable the ministry to meet its mandate, operational objectives and goals. The incumbent will provide leadership and advice regarding the development and implementation of critical information and supports to inform decisions related to public education, early learning, and culture. As a member of the senior management team, the incumbent will provide focused leadership support to other Directors to coordinate initiatives and services for the school system. The Executive Director will be instrumental in creating opportunities for the voice of parents, principals and other stakeholders and for using this information to inform directions in education.
- The ability to provide strong leadership and support at a senior level with the capacity to foster a team approach to problem solving.
- Embraces diverse perspectives and are considered an inclusive, collaborative leader.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a senior management team in the development of new processes and procedures to successfully respond to a changing environment.
- The ability to provide leadership and guidance to support the strategic direction of the department.
- Demonstrated success in building capacity and inspiring excellence and accountability in teams.
- The ability to respond to challenges with innovative solutions and demonstrate a willingness to generate new and imaginative ways of dealing with issues.
- A strong organizational awareness which can support short and long-term decision making strategies.
- The ability to employ effective problem-solving and dispute resolution strategies.
- Analytical abilities including the ability to apply policies, procedures and processes to support the work of the department and the educational authorities.
- The ability to establish appropriate procedures and controls in monitoring a department budget.
- The ability to apply knowledge and understanding of budgets to support the department’s annual budget planning and preparation processes.
- The ability to apply knowledge, experience and commitment in the areas of race relations, cross cultural understanding, human rights, diversity and culturally responsive pedagogy.
- The desire and ability to engage in continuing education and professional development.
- Supporting the Deputy Minister in the day-to-day operations of the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture;
- Working in collaboration with other members of the senior management team, board authorities and stake holders to identify, develop and implement solutions to address complex and/or multi-service issues that are impacting the delivery of high quality education in the province;
- Leading the team (Assessment Division) who is responsible for reporting performance and outcomes of programs;
- Providing leadership and advice regarding the development and implementation of critical information and supports to inform decisions related to public education, early learning and culture;
- Acting as the lead spokesperson to internal and external communities on matters related to this division;
- Working collaboratively with other Directors in Education and the Education authorities to advance work in technology, student well-being, health and international education;
- Leading strategic and legislative planning for the Department;
- Working with board authorities, First Nations, government (municipal, provincial and federal), parents, and community members;
- Responsible for financial decisions as well as HR responsibilities for staff and other duties as required.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related master’s degree.
- Extensive experience in a senior leadership position and and strong leadership building teams and working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in working with community groups, government and non-government agencies, professionals and para-professionals, and other stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of an education environment/system.
- Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered. - Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of government processes and legislation is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The “Notification of Successful Candidates” list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
Salary Range: $51.99/hr - $62.38/hr (Excluded Level 28)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours Bi-weekly / Days / evenings and weekends as required
Posting Id: 133315-0518EEPO
Closing Date: Monday, June 25, 2018 4:00 p.m.
Please return forms to PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 7N8. Applications may be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION BY TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE. Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms. You can apply online or obtain an application form by visiting our web site at http://www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Forms may also be obtained by contacting any PEI Government office, ACCESS PEI Centre, Regional Services Centre, or by telephone 368-4080.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job