Director of Education
Director of Instruction
School / Org:
Let's Talk Science
No. of Positions:
Monday, 28 May 2018
Wednesday, 27 June 2018
Are you looking for a new challenge with a positive impact on K-12 learning across Canada?
Do you inspire educators to bring inquiry-based learning to life for students?
Do you love EdTech?
Are you a forward thinking, outcomes-oriented leader?
If so, we invite you to submit your application to join Let’s Talk Science, Canada’s leading national, charitable organization that supports youth development through STEM engagement and join our team.
Director, Professional Learning
The Director, Professional Learning is the pedagogical lead for Let’s Talk Science programs. This includes oversight for the organization’s Professional Learning strategy and for the execution of face-to-face and online programs that support the strategy. It also includes monitoring trends in policy, pedagogy and professional learning for educators in order to advise senior leadership and program staff on their relevance to Let’s Talk Science programs.
Qualifications • B.Ed. required, an M.Ed. (or equivalent) an asset
• Post-secondary education in a science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) discipline
• At least 10 years of classroom teaching experience with experience developing and delivering innovative content to students and fellow educators
• Track record with professional development programs for educators in multiple Canadian jurisdictions, both face-to-face and online
• Familiarity with various platforms and methods of fostering professional learning networks for educators
• Experience leading and managing a team through growth and change
• Knowledge of the Canadian formal education system
• Deep understanding of youth and adult learning
• Deep immersion in the use of technology to change teaching practice. Understanding of importance of science and technology to society.
• Willingness to travel throughout the country for meetings, educator conferences and other events
• Bilingualism (English and French) required
This is a full-time 3 year renewable contract, which includes benefits and is located at a Let’s Talk Science office in London, Ontario or Calgary, Alberta. Work from a home office in a major Canadian center will also be considered for the right candidate.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, salary expectations and cover letter (including salary expectations) quoting “Director, Professional Learning” by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 18th, 2018 to:
Coordinator, Human Resources, Let’s Talk Science
1510 Woodcock Street, Unit 12 London, ON N6H 5S1
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit all documents in one pdf file)
FAX: (519) 474-4085
Let’s Talk Science is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you require an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Coordinator, Human Resources listed above. Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job