Manager of Research Services
Classification: Planning and Program Analyst 2
Full-Time Regular Position
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: Reporting to the Dean of Research&Innovation, UCN requires a Manager of Research Services to support core oversight, compliance and service functions pertaining to all research and scholarly activity at UCN. This position also develops mutually beneficial linkages with communities, industry and other stakeholders in order to promote partnerships and collaborative research. The Manager of Research Services will Initiate and coordinate planning and activities for the Academic Division specific to research and scholarly activity. This includes: guidance and support for the Research, Education & Learning Committee, Research Ethics Board, and Animal Care Committee; research-related training and support; education, monitoring and compliance with external requirements; strategic planning to promote and support development of research; and research grants and research accounts.
Qualifications Required: • The ideal candidate w ill have a Master’s Degree (minimum) with a demonstrated thesis-based research component
• A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a post-secondary research administration environment.
• Demonstrated ability to support and mentor faculty, non-teaching staff, students and community members in conducting research and related research activities in a consultative role, including assistance with proposal writing and sourcing of funding.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with managing research in a Tri-Agency research environment (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council; Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council and Canadian Institutes of Health Research), including monitoring and compliance, managing research grants and research accounts. (Candidates not meeting this criterion may be considered on an underfill basis.)
• Demonstrated experience with building collaborative relationships and projects with a range of partners
• Personal experience collaborating with Aboriginal peoples and communities in a research context, including knowledge and experience with Aboriginal cultures and practices
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to create high quality resource materials, reports and handbooks related to research
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Effective leadership skills, including the ability to champion and model best research practices at both university and college levels, within an educational environment that incorporates both Aboriginal and Western approaches to practice
• Demonstrated strong skills with presentation software and platforms, and with social media
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate change
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Assets: • Demonstrated experience in dev eloping and carrying out one or more Tri-Agency-funded research projects
• The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
Conditions of Employment: • Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, transcripts, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 18-044
Closing Date: May 31, 2018 or under competition is filled
Salary: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly , plus remoteness allowance
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job