Job Title : School Principal
Job ID : 15552
Full/Part Time : Full-Time
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
The Commission scolaire francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest (CSFTNO) has an opening for a school principal at École Allain St-Cyr in Yellowknife for the 2018-2021 school year. École Allain St-Cyr provides instruction in French from junior kindergarten to Grade 12. It is expected that there will be approximately 125 students and 17 staff members at the school in 2018–2019.
Under the supervision of the superintendent, the school principal provides education leadership and is responsible for ensuring optimum learning outcomes in a safe environment by implementing Department of Education programs of study, approved curricula and school policies. As an education leader, the school principal must be able to promote positive relations with and between students, staff and members of the community while striving for the continuous improvement of the school and effective management functions.
- Maintains high student academic and social standards.
- Implements and monitors new and existing curricula.
- Makes sure that appropriate and approved education resources are available for teachers.
- Implements required student evaluation policies and measures.
- Maintains a safe environment at the school for students and staff.
- Directs school improvement efforts established by the school board.
- Manages and evaluates staff as required and does so efficiently.
- Provides strong administrative direction throughout the school to meet school board standards.
- Maintains regular communication with parents and stakeholders.
- Provides an annual report card on the school if needed.
- Takes part in school and school board training sessions and meetings as required.
- Performs all other duties and tasks that are assigned by the superintendent.
- Completion of master’s degree in education leadership, or in the process of obtaining such a degree.
- Bachelor of Education.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in school administration.
- Five years’ teaching experience in Canada.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Extensive knowledge of Francophone minority community culture and demonstrated support for a vision of education that is consistent with the objectives of French-language education in minority settings.
- Dedication to the school and the French-speaking community.
- Strong education leadership abilities.
- Ability to build on teacher competencies.
- Ability to model inclusive schooling as a core expectation.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Salary Information In accordance with the NWT Teachers’ Association collective agreement
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Contract start date: August 21, 2018 Job Opening ID 15552
Closing Date: June 1 2018 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Submit resume and references to: Yvonne Careen
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job