“PARTNERS IN EDUCATION”
The Beaufort Delta Education Council invites
applications for the following assignment:
Gwich’in Language Instructor
East Three Elementary School, Inuvik, NT
Start Date: August 27, 2018
The Beaufort Delta Education Council actively promotes:
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
• Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
• Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
• Outcome based instruction and assessment
• Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
• Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
• Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must complete Aboriginal Language and Instructor Diploma Program, Teacher Education Program Diploma. Preference will be given to candidates who have fluency in the language.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Knowledge of, or willingness to become familiar with, the prescribed NWT Curricula
• Resource based teaching
• Proven ability to work collaboratively
• Proven experience working with students in a classroom setting
• Candidates must work well with a group of professionals
BDEC will assist eligible candidates to receive training in our language Curriculum.
Equivalences of education and/or experience will be considered.
Salary is dependent on verified education and experience plus an annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
A job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
The Government of the Northwest Territories is a workplace that is open to all Northerners. If you currently have a disability and if you require accommodation you are encouraged to identify your needs so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Ref #: BDEC-2018-28 Closing Date: Open until filled
Apply to: Beaufort Delta Education Council
Bag Service # 12
Inuvik, NT X0E-0T0
To view information on the schools in the Beaufort-Delta Region, please visit our website at: wordpress.bdec.learnnet.nt.ca
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job