The vice principal (VP) is a pedagogical leader that provides educational guidance, coaching, and leadership to the school network of teachers and educators. As the pedagogical and operational administrator of the school the vice principal develops and implements policies, programs and curriculums in a matter that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
Responsibilities and Duties
- General planning: Responsible for upholding school policies and the integration of the Quebec Ministry of education government guidelines into each class curriculum. Responsible to ensure the operational running of the school and implementation of procedures and schedules according to classroom needs. Responsible for the hiring of staffing and ensuring it meets ministry and professional standards.
Enhancement of Personnel Skills: - Provides and researches activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program for special education classes.
- Ensures adequate and approved pedagogical resources are provided to support teachers and curricula through staff meeting and individual supervision and classroom presence.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations of school staff with regular feedback
General Coordination: Ensures that instructional objectives for a given subject and/or classroom are developed, and involves the staff and others in the development of specific curricular objectives to meet the needs of the school program. The VP provides opportunities for staff participation and feedback in the school program.
- Assist in coordinating transportation, custodial and other support services: help conduct safety inspections and fire drill evacuations.
Curriculum Objectives: - Supports and assists in implementing approved individual education plans through assessments and measurement of benchmarks
Facilitates IEP meetings using a strength based and family centered approach
- Maintains a safe school environment through addressing discipline and safety issues that arise.
- Supervises instruction in the classroom through regular daily walkthroughs and weekly classroom supervision.
- Responsible for the hiring of regular, substitute, or replacement personnel as required.
- Participates in training and meeting required at the school and carries out any other task or function identified by the school director.
- New Staff and Students: orients and assists new staff and cegep and university students doing field placements.
- Maintains and models high standards of professionalism.
• Community: encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school program for the community, and maintains communication with community member and parents as collaborators.
• Supplies and Equipment: manages, directs, and maintains records on the materials, supplies and equipment which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine. The principal involves the staff in determining priorities for instructional purposes.
• Services: organizes, oversee, and provides support to the various services, supplies, material, and equipment provided to carry out the school program. The VP makes use of community resources and works in collaboration with partners and parents.
Qualifications - Education level: Master’s degree or graduate level certification in education with experience in special education and administration.
- Experience in successful classroom teaching in special education. 5 plus years of experience is preferred with vice principal duties and administration experience.
- Demonstrate and advance understanding of instructional strategies for students with autism, developmental delay, specific learning disabilities and behavior disorders.
- Background knowledge in IEP and special education curriculums in MEES
- Demonstrates strong skills in partnering with families
- Demonstrates leadership and coaching skills to support and motivate others, teachers and educator within the framework of a team
- Bilingual, French and English communication, oral and written
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job