Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority
No. of Positions:
Friday, 13 July 2018
Open Until Filled
Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council
Employment Opportunity - Teachers
The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority (KTCEA) is seeking highly motivated individuals for various teaching positions. The Teachers shall be responsible to implement the school program in accordance to Alberta Curriculum guidelines of the school they are assigned to. The Teachers report directly to and will be supervised and evaluated by the Principal for the successful undertaking of his/her duties.
Atikameg School is located on Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 and is 428 kms north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school is designed to accommodate 500 students from K5 to Grade 12. Two towns are located nearby for your shopping convenience.
Cadotte Lake School is located on Woodland Cree First Nation and is 88 kms east of Peace River, Alberta and 5 hours north of Edmonton. Over 200 students from K5 to Grade 12 attend the school.
Clarence Jaycox School is located on Loon River First Nation with approximately 160 students from K5 to Grade 12. They are located 5 hours north of Edmonton and a 5-minute drive from the hamlet of Red Earth Creek.
Little Buffalo Lake School is located on the Lubicon Lake Band and is located 102 kms east of Peace River, Alberta and 5 hours north of Edmonton. Little Buffalo school has approximately 200 students enrolled and is a K5-12 school.
Kateri School is located in Trout Lake within the Peerless Trout First Nation (PTFN) and is 513 kms north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school has an enrollment of approximately 50 students and is a K-12 school. Trout Lake is about a 60 minute drive from the hamlet of Red Earth Creek, AB.
Peerless Lake School is located in Peerless Lake, AB within the Peerless Trout First Nation (PTFN) and is 488 kms north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school has an enrollment of approximately 150 students and is a K-12 school. Peerless Lake is about a 45 minute drive from Red Earth Creek, AB
The Teacher shall provide competent, professional teaching services in accordance with the following principles: - Diagnosing educational needs and prescribing and implementing instructional programs that meet the needs of each student and comply with the Alberta Education curriculum;
- Treating students with dignity and respect, having regard for their unique circumstances, including adhering to human rights and privacy law; and
- Performing their professional obligations in their role as a teacher and not seeking payment or profit for tutoring or from the sale of educational goods or services.
- Taking responsibility for his or her own actions and work performance;
- Demonstrating integrity, respect and courtesy to their fellow teachers; and
- Contributing to a fair, equitable and harmonious work place;
- The Teacher shall act honorably and with integrity which includes fulfilling contractual obligations unless released by mutual consent or according to law;
- The Teacher shall respect the philosophies and approaches of the Education Authority, which include fulfilling the goal of educating students in a fashion that takes account of their spiritual, moral, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs; and creating a safe, trusting, caring, stimulating, and interactive climate where students can be productive academically.
Teacher Certification: All candidates must be eligible for teacher certification in Alberta. For more information on this process, refer to the Alberta Education website.
Conditions of Employment: In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to the Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide an up-to-date RCMP criminal record check before employment is confirmed.
Effective: 2018/2019 School Year
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job