Division: Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch
Job Term: 1 Temporary, Seasonal Position (September to June recurring)
Job Code: 09OAD - Office Administration 09
Salary: $24.15 - $28.15 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 118220 (PSB17-165)
The Ministry of Education, Centre Jules-Léger School requires a highly skilled and motivated individual to provide secretarial/administrative services to support the delivery of the Resource Services and Residential Services programs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will: • Review all incoming mail/letters to assess its importance and prepare routine replies;
• Type a variety of correspondence, reports and proofread documents for accuracy;
• Maintain systems to track correspondence and other documents;
• Take meeting minutes and notes;
• Arrange for mailing, filing and distribution of correspondence/bring forward systems;
• Maintain manager’s schedule/calendar, meeting, travel and hospitality arrangements;
• Answer telephone calls, greet students and visitors;
• Prepare expense claims, verify invoices/claims and maintain and order supplies;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How do I qualify?
Mandatory Requirements: • French Language Proficiency at the Superior Level;
• Typing skills at 50 words per minute;
• Knowledge of Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ) to communicate with the Deaf.
Knowledge and Skills: • Advanced administrative/secretarial experience;
• Thorough knowledge of office/administrative practices and procedures;
• Knowledge of organizational structures, programs, services and clients to ensure a coordinated and efficient flow of information within the office, program and school;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to prepare documents and communicate effectively with staff and visitors;
• Strong organizational and time management skills to multi-task and adapt to change;
• Reasoning skills to prioritize tasks and determine appropriate action on sensitive inquiries;
• Sound judgment, problem-solving, tact and diplomacy;
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Proficiency using various software programs (including word processing, presentation, spreadsheets and databases).
Address: • 1 Bilingual Temporary-Seasonal, duration up to 10 months, 281 Lanark Avenue, Ottawa, East Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Schedule: 3 - 7
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Posted on: Thursday January 11, 2018
Note: In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job