Special Education (Learning Disabilities)
School / Org:
Vancouver, British Columbia
No. of Positions:
Sunday, 19 August 2018
Open Until Filled
Fraser Academy School is seeking a middle/senior school trained teacher to cover a maternity leave.
This is a full time Humanities position, including courses in both English and Social Studies. The position will cover a maternity leave from January 8th, 2018 through to June 30th, 2018.
Located in Kitsilano, Fraser Academy is a fully accredited and highly effective academic day school, specifically for students Grades 2 to 12 who have dyslexia or other related language-based, learning and processing difficulties. With a maximum of ten students per class, the school follows the B.C. Ministry of Education Curriculum. An impressive 90% of Fraser Academy grads go onto post-secondary education. For more information about the school, please go to our website: www.fraseracademy.ca.
Fraser Academy is an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
- Belong to a team of dedicated professionals
- Continue professional growth and development through in-school workshops, speakers, and collaborative time with experienced teachers
- Participate in field trips, outdoor education trips, athletics, clubs, and leadership development
- Collaborate with Middle and Senior School teachers to plan, teach and assess units of study
- Participate in co-curricular activities (e.g. clubs, athletics, outdoor education, leadership development and supervision)
The ideal candidate requires the following:
- Bachelor of Education, Humanities focused Education Degree, or Special Education Degree
- Certification from the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Branch or certification application in process
- Able to encourage and motivate students with a range of abilities and learning styles
- Strong understanding of thinking skills development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job