Director of Facilities (Out of Scope)
Catholic Education Centre, Grande Prairie, AB
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Director who will meet the needs of the Facilities Department. This includes Maintenance, Custodial, Transportation, and Occupational Health & Safety Staff and is based out of the Catholic Education Centre (Grande Prairie).
The Candidate You have knowledge of and experience in managing and/or supervising commercial and/or public sector construction projects, maintaining facilities, and designing and implementing a preventative maintenance plan. Your colleagues describe you as a competent leader who is not afraid of making difficult decisions to ensure facilities are maintained or improved while working with people to improve. You believe that providing a safe physical environment for students, employees, and the public is critical.
You have a proven track record of working collaboratively with the Superintendent, staff, and other educational partners. Specifically applicants need to articulate what they have accomplished to date in their current roles and how the initiatives have had a positive impact on the organization.
The successful candidate will be a leader who is innovative and positive, has strong interpersonal relationships, respects others, and is community minded. The candidate will also commitment to uphold the goals of Catholic Education in Alberta.
The Director of Facilities will: • Direct planning, scheduling and implementation of maintenance for all School District facilities and equipment.
• Contribute to the development of a maintenance budget to maintain and/or replace all school board property and equipment.
• Ensure all maintenance and custodial work is completed at a high level through an accountability and evaluation process.
• In cooperation with Human Resources, assist in the hiring, training, supervision & evaluation of all maintenance, caretaking, and contract staff.
• Participate in the planning for construction or renovation of school facilities.
• Effectively communicate both orally in and in writing.
• Design & deliver the District’s Health and Safety program, making health and safety a part of every employee’s daily routine.
• Enjoy working in a team environment and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Oversee the Facilities Budget that is in excess of $11,000,000.00.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
The successful candidate will work cooperatively and report to / take direction from the Superintendent and Secretary Treasurer and work cooperatively with Assistant Superintendents and School Principals.
Our Region The Grande Prairie region is home to a diverse economy that includes agricultural, oil & gas, forestry, and post-secondary services through Grande Prairie Regional College.
Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools currently serves the educational needs of 5050 students and is experiencing an average growth rate of 2-4% per year. Within the District there are four rural schools and ten urban schools. The district is rich with innovation, spiritual formation, and academic achievement. A wide range of programming is available to meet the needs of every student.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job