TEMPORARY KINDERGARTENEDUCATION ASSISTANT - École St. Mary
If chosen asthe successful candidate, external applicants must provide a current policeinformation (including vulnerable sectors) check, and a currentintervention record check prior to receiving a contract.
The Holy SpiritCatholic Board of Education requires a temporary 14.0 hour per week FrenchImmersion Kindergarten Education Assistant at École St. Mary School in Lethbridge starting as soon as possible andterminating December 21, 2017. Knowledge of the French language would be an asset. Please quote Posting #20170909.
Tobe considered for this position candidates must possess or be willing to gainthe following skills:
- Hanen Learning Language and Loving It Certification.
- At least one year experience working in Childhood Program and/or with children with special needs.
- Experienceworking proactively with positive intervention with child's behaviours.
- Isable to provide supports and cues for sound production as directed by theSpeech Language Pathologist.
- Isable to match activities and model appropriate behaviours at child'sfunctioning level.
- Has or is willing to gain Child Development Worker certificate within the first six months of employment.
- Has or is willing to gain First Aid Training.
- Positions may require providing assistance with toileting and other daily living skills.
- Has the ability to work effectively within a trans-disciplinary team which is dependent on the child's need.
- Is able to take direction from the professional team.
- Must be physically able to engage and participate in the active ECS environment.
For moreinformation regarding this position, please call the Coordinator of Early Learning, Ms. Lynn Saler at(403) 327-9555.
Application package must include the following:
- Acover letter indicating the position applied for;
- Acompleted Holy Spirit Support Staff Application Form located on our website:http://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/page.cfm?pgID=41
- Documentationwhich would support the education requirements for this position;
- Contact information for 3 references
Interested, qualifiedapplicants are asked to submit by email a complete applicationpackage as described above to:
Mr. Brian Macauley, Deputy Superintendent
Holy Spirit Catholic School Division
Please note: This position willremain open until a suitable candidate is found. We wish to thank all applicants in advancefor submitting résumés, however only those candidates selected for interviewswill be contacted.
Go Here for More Info and to Apply