Amberson High School is a private high school registered under the Ontario Ministry of Education, and is licensed to offer high school credit courses that satisfy the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
At Amberson, we are motivated to nurture every student's success both academically and socially. As many of our students come from an international background, it is imperative for our teachers to give students the self confidence and comfort to adapt to the Canadian Secondary School system. Our teachers are OCT qualified, patient, thorough, and motivated.
We are currently looking for new teachers to join our team and help students succeed, please see below for qualification and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Teach Science courses in accordance with the Ontario Secondary School curriculum;
* Provide students with various evaluation opportunities for success;
* Assess and identify studentsĺ individual learning needs;
* Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual, and possibly other multi-media presentations;
* Assign and correct homework;
* Remain aware of individual student needs, and design learning plans accordingly to meet the needs of each student;
* Maintain frequent and effective communication with students, parents and administration; and
* Evaluate and review the progress of students and discuss progress results with students, parents and administration.
* Demonstrated ability to be innovative in utilizing teaching strategies that meet the needs of students;
* Effective communication with students who are not native English speakers;
* Qualified to teach Science courses in accordance with the ON Secondary School curriculum
* Experience/training/knowledge of Ministry of Education Policy: Growing Success preferred;
* Experience in program design and implementation;
* Classroom management techniques which maintain student dignity;
* Valid Ontario Teaching Certificate preferred;
* Motivated, enthusiastic, highly responsible, and positive, with demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire students.
Education and/or Experience * High school or equivalent, B.Ed strongly preferred
* 1-3 years teaching experience is an asset
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job