Assistant Executive Director
School / Org:
No. of Positions:
Tuesday, 15 May 2018
Wednesday, 30 May 2018
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL OPERATIONS
DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL OPERATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: ADIROP1805-02
STATUS: REGULAR FULL-TIME POSITION
STARTING DATE: JULY 2018
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik. The Montreal administrative center should eventually move to Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Reporting to the Director of School Operations, the Assistant Director assists in the management and operation of the schools. Main activities of the position include :
- Participate in drawing-up the School Board policies for the programs of School Operations;
- Providing expertise to all school administrators so as to promote the optimal management of the schools;
- Involvement in the recruitment, hiring, supervision and evaluation of school administrators;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of school organization and staff allocations;
- Liaison with Education Services in matters related to curriculum and student evaluation;
- Management of student files and records, electronic attendance and the transmission of student information to MELS;
- Oversight of school financial transactions and administrative tasks;
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the department annual budget;
- Perform any other compatible duties as required by the Director of School Operations.
- 1st cycle university degree in an appropriate field of studies certifying a university studies program of at least three years or hold a senior executive or management position, whose minimum qualifications require to have a 1st cycle university degree, in a school board.
- Hold a permanent teaching diploma issued by the ministre de l’Education du Québec.
- Six years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board
- Experience as a School Administrator in Nunavik is considered an asset;
- Proven analytical, decision making and leadership abilities;
- Thorough knowledge of Quebec education system and Board curriculum and current practices;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in two of the three official languages of the Board; (Inuktitut, English, French);
- Availability to travel frequently to Nunavik Schools.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS: Level 9* / From $87,669 to $116,208 annually depending on qualifications and experience
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as: • 25 days of annual vacation
• Up to 10 recuperation days
• 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as: • summer schedule
• Northern allowance
• Social trips
• Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job