School / Org:
Nutrients for Life Foundation Canada
No. of Positions:
Sunday, 01 December 2013
Open Until Filled
GOAL: The goal of Teacher Ambassador’s provide a presences in the local community by visiting local schools, interacting with teachers, promoting NFL’s resources to the provincial education ministries and holding local professional development days in partnership with local school divisions.
Teacher Ambassadors ‘teach the teachers’ in the areas of plant nutrition, modern food production, and food security. TAs provide a vital source of factual information to urban teachers and their students.
• Identify community program opportunities and establish and manage relationships with communities;
• Introduce the curriculum to educators;
• Introduce the Foundation’s materials to the regional fertilizer and agribusiness community;
• Expand the recognition of the Foundation within region;
• Establish media contacts within region;
• Take photographs of activities and write articles as needed;
• Assist fundraising activities as needed;
• Track local media related to key message areas to identify opportunities and threats;
• Establish regional communications system including key contact database, news releases, alerts, etc.; and
• Develop local stakeholder feedback groups.
Every jurisdiction is different and will provide unique opportunities. We would like you to provide context to what opportunities are available in your area and how you will utilize these. Furthermore, you will be part of the National Teacher Ambassador team that will collaborate on implementation of Nutrients for Life activities and resources throughout Canada.
Successful Candidates Will:
• Have the ability to engage people and create relationships to further the mutual goals of the community and Foundation.
• Have familiarity with and connection to regional territory.
• Have already existing, or the ability to establish, relationships with the region’s fertilizer and agribusiness community, elected officials, government employees, and non-profit and community organizations.
• Have the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences on fertilizer related issues and discuss Foundation program and projects.
Experience: Experience in teaching, agribusiness or science-based industry
Contract: This is an independent contractor position. Pay is based on a daily rate and time obligations will vary depending on local situations. Position reports to the Director of Programs.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job