Focus Learning is a progressive after-school and weekend learning centre providing an interactive learning environment to children ages 5– 17. We blend academic subjects and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) with fun experiences. We help students explore the core fundamentals of various subjects such as robotics, computer programming, game design and web design, as well as creative arts and leadership programs that will encourage them to reach their full potential. Our goal is for children to develop a passion for knowledge and be able to answer not only the what, but also the why and how.
We are constantly recruiting self-motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive part-time instructors in the following areas:
English Writing (Grade 3-12); ESL Reading & Writing (Grade 1-12); Public Speaking (Grade 3-6); Debating (Grade 6-9)
- teach a class of 2-6 students
- maintain a safe, orderly learning environment
- comply with school's policies, procedures and rules
- keep up timely correspondence with school administration
- Certified teachers or teacher college candidates; B.Ed or currently working towards B.Ed
- be familiar with Ontario Ministry guidelines and requirements
- Great communication skills
- Post-secondary education in English literature or related subjects
- experience in tutoring, counselling, teaching, coaching or any other relevant experience with kids ages 7-17
- strong interest in games and fun educational activities
- ability to teach multiple subjects
Hours of work/week: 4-10 during school year (4pm – 8pm on weekdays, or 9:30 – 5:30 on Saturdays); full time during summer (July and August) (9am - 4pm)
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in pdf or doc format via email only. No phone calls please. Please state in email subject line “English Teacher/Instructor”. We thank all applicants in advance for your consideration, however, due to the volume of applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job