Focus Learning is a progressive after-school and weekend learning centre providing an interactive learning environment to children ages 5-- 17. We blend academic subjects (English Reading & Writing, Math and French) and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) with creativity and entertainment. We help students explore the core fundamentals of various subjects such as robotics, computer programming, game and web design, as well as creative arts and leadership programs that will encourage them to reach their full potential. Our goal is for children to develop a passion for learning and be able to answer not only the what, but also the why and the how.
We are constantly recruiting self-motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive part-time teachers/instructors in the following areas:
English Writing (Grade 3-12)
ESL Reading & Writing (Grade 1-12)
Public Speaking (Grade 3-6)
Debating (Grade 6-9)
- Engage with and encourage a class of 2-6 students
- Follow and supplement an existing Focus Learning curriculum
- Create and implement activities and materials to assist student learning
- Use a variety of assessment tools to track student learning
- Maintain a safe, orderly learning environment
- Comply with school's policies, procedures and rules
• Bachelor of Education (OCT preferred)
• Experience in teaching or tutoring
• Familiarity with Ontario Ministry guidelines and requirements
• Great communication skills
• Post-secondary education in English literature or related subjects
• Dynamic and enthusiastic
• Strong interest in educational games and activities
• Ability to teach multiple subjects
Hours of work/week: 4-10 hours/week during school year (4pm -- 8pm on weekdays and 9:30 -- 4:30 on Saturdays or Sundays)
Note: A Security Clearance check is a condition of employment for successful candidates. The security clearance must be completed prior to commencement of work and is the financial responsibility of the candidate.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in pdf or doc format via email only. No phone calls please. Please state in email subject line "English Teacher/Instructor". We thank all applicants in advance for your consideration, however, due to the volume of applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education Canada Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify your email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above may require certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for being employed in Canada or the Province in which this employer is located. To view these qualifications and to apply to this job you must be registered or logged into ECN. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to proceed.
Please quote Education Canada Network
in your application to this job